Oftentimes I fall over my words as I feel like a child learning to talk again.
We struggle in our faltering attempts to say what cannot be said. Our words fail us in the presence of God, as we fall to our knees in worship.
Three Floors of Consciousness
Picture if you would, your brain like a house with three stories.
On which level would you live?
We move from our first-floor survival brain into the intuitive logic and language of our second-floor brain. But as we move into our third-floor brain, our words fail us. It might feel as though the floor might evaporate into the vastness of eternity. Presence, Being, light and life flowing, dwelling center to center, wholeness, love, joy, and peace are the language of our spirit.
For Jesus says: “the words that I speak to you are spirit and they are life.” ~ Selah
What floor are you living on? What floor are you thinking from?
- Post note: In this image of the brain as a three-story house, we include the floors below us, but we cannot see the floors above us.
- That means we can’t see the second or third-floor from the first-floor, but from the third-floor, we are aware of the first and second-floor.
- This is also why if you are living on the second-floor talking to someone living on the first-floor, they honestly cannot understand you.
- People have to be drawn up to the third floor. We call and draw people up into a deeper life in Jesus.
- “Higher up and further in” as C.S. Lewis might say.
- My job is to tease the weeds out of the root bind with plants. And that’s what I’m trying to do here. Weeds will choke out good plants. God wants you to move up into the third-floor whole brain awareness. I submit to you that this is the mind of Christ.